He said "This much. " then he streched out his arms and died.
There you have it the fundamental belief on which I base my faith. That Jesus loved me enough to die for me.
I realise that discussing religion is at best fraught with danger and can be risky. But this is not out to annoy people this is just me putting down what is rattling about my brain.
We live in a multi cultural and multi faith society and (If you ignore the extremists) we coexist very happily for the most part. I became a Christian 27 years ago, I was helping at a Holiday Cub near where I live which was run by the local churches. I got involved simply for something to do as I enjoyed working with children. It was there I heard the message of God's love for me and it was that week I committed myself to God. I joined a Church later that year and 26 years on am still there. The people inside it have become more than friends we are a family and we love and care for each other like a family should.
However over the last 26 years I have seen many changes amongst great change we saw ladies being ordained as Vicars. The more traditional churches viewed this with vehement opposition. We now have the discussion over whether Women should be ordained as Bishops. My belief is that this won't happen as the traditionalists could not face up to there being a woman one day as being Archbishop and therefore in charge of the Church of England.
I try my hardest not to ram my faith and my beliefs down people's throats yes lots of people know I'm a Christian and that I go to Church and if they ask me then yes i'll talk about it. But I have many friends of different faiths and beliefs and thats great I love differing opinions on different matters. That's what make life and relationships interesting and exciting.
But views on women being ordained vary and I have over the last few years had to sit through men telling me that they are in charge and as women we should follow. I have seen my opinion being discounted simply because I am a woman. This makes me furious discount my opinion because its not right or you don't like it but don't do it simply because of my gender.
The Church must evolve if it is to survive that's not to say we lose all the values we hold dear but we have to start looking at the Church's role within a changing community. Jesus charged us with the job of going out and telling others about him this can be done by both men and women.
And for me after 26 years this might be time to have a change.
Laters......X X X
No comments:
Post a Comment