So here we are 9 months on nearly 6 stone lighter and as I sit here and type I can see my dress hanging on the door frame.
When I started this diet back in January I had one goal buy a dress that isn't a meringue and doesn't make my butt look huge (Yep I know tall order for a dress) And I have it. It's so beautiful a lump comes up in my throat when I look at it.
And the biggest miracle is that when I wear it I look pretty and I have a waist line, Ok thanks to Dawn and a Corset and a lot of tugging but it's there. For the first time in 44 years I think I look pretty.
I've never considered myself pretty I don't think i'm hideously ugly but pretty no not really. But in my new dress I do and I hope on Saturday week when I walk in Church people will think so too. Being big does eat at your confidence, you can try and be kind and nice to people but always in your mind you are wondering if they are laughing at you and how you look. My good friends no i don't think that of them. But people you first meet there is that doubt and unfortunately over the years I have been proven right.
But not now I have proven over the last few months that I can have willpower and I can lose weight and for the first time in a very long time I like how I look. So my thanks today have to be to Dawn who was invaluable today and I am so grateful. And to Slimming World thank you for helping me realise what I can do.
Laters.........X X
No comments:
Post a Comment