Ok let me start this Blog post off with a note of caution.
I am not here to inflame those anti gay marriage this is just my thoughts and feelings on the vote yesterday.
So it got passed, the same sex marriage bill by 400 to 175 a big margin by anyones standards.
Since I was 18 the Bible has taught me that Homosexuality is wrong and for the last few weeks i've been told that same sex marriage is wrong. How do I reconcile myself to accepting this kind of teaching knowing that I have many friends and a family member who are homosexual.
Well the truth is I can't................
This will shock many of you for 27 years I have tried to be a good christian, I have failed often, but heartened by the fact that Jesus came to this world for the sinner. But when it comes to the happiness for people I love and care about then I cant do it.
My friends and my beloved Godchild I will support to the 11th degree in this everyone has a right to be happy with the partner they choose.
There are far far worse things going on in this world that we need to be concerned about and as we argue and debate the rights and wrongs of this bill then they are being forgotten.
Liz- such a painful issue for all involved in the debate. Read this Steve Chalke article. It helped me see a that a more loving Christian approach can be taken. Not totally sure where I stand myself but the same can be true for me on loads of things right now! Just know that God is good and he loves me!http://www.christianitymagazine.co.uk/sexuality/stevechalke.aspx
ReplyDelete