Yes I know line from a song but in this instance it fits.
My Diet has wavered big time this week, emotional turmoil is not conducive to healthy eating.
Last Friday we heard that Ian's treatment is to be stopped, he's too unwell to handle it and it's not working anymore. Being the amazing guy that he is he is relieved that he can stop fighting this. For 2 1/2 years he has been subjected to surgeries and treatment that have left him feeling vile.
He is at peace with the news the rest of us feel wrung out and helpless. The urge to give in and just eat is almost overwhelming but I won't. Ian is so proud of what I have achieved so far and for him and for me I will carry on. There is many things I am not able to control at the moment but my diet is one of them.
I was 44 on Sunday and really not in the mood to celebrate but as always when I was at my lowest point I had people there to help me, The lovely Dizzy, my close friends and my amazing friend Dawn. I could not have made it through the weekend without her. The combination of a Breakfast, sound advice and a cuddle while I blubbed helped so much.
Dawn if you read this never forget how amazing you are. In the midst of your own problems going on you still have time to comfort me and i'll never forget this. Thank you.
So i'm going to sign off here, the tears are flowing and the nose is getting decidedly snotty. For my friends my family thank you. For all you do for me and my family. X X X
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment