Tuesday, 20 March 2012

"You got a friend in me"

Dont Disney cartoons just have the best songs.......

This is a funny blog entry it's been mulling over in my brain for a few days now. 

Last week was spent in a fog just trudging through trying to wrap my brain about the news we got from Ian. I lost 2 lbs last week a good result yet it barely registered on my radar. How can I be happy about that when my brother is battling something so awful.

My mood swings are horrendous if I'm in a certain mood, look at me the wrong way and i'll most likely rip your head off. Chris gets the worst of it a lesser man would have dumped my sorry ass a long time ago but he doesn't he remains constant. I am so lucky I have him and one day I will make it up to him.

I often bang on about my friends and I know I get boring about them, but thing is I'm glad because without them I would have gone insane. 

I have friends who live near me, who on bad days give me a shoulder to cry on and bacon sandwiches. Ones who will give me love and advice but will kick my butt if I'm getting stroppy. Others who live nowhere near me, some in another country, who give love and support via text and Facebook. These people in their different ways stop me from going completely off my trolley. 

This last year has taught me just who i can depend on and the ones I can trust. I have found out the hard way those who just treat me badly. But here's the thing you've done it make the most of it because I will not give you the opportunity to do it again. 

Friends are our most valuable asset, never take them for granted and when you can let them know how much they mean to you. A good friend told me years ago that a friend should bring you joy and happiness not misery and unhappiness and if they are then maybe they're not the friend they should be.  

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay."
- Dave Matthews Band

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* Love you, Lizzie. You're doing amazing things and I am in awe of you.xxxx

    ReplyDelete