Friday, 9 March 2012

Is it worth it.......Heck Yes It Is

So 8 weeks in 2 stone 4 1/2lbs down and I should be ecstatic. In one way yes I am I am pleased with how far i've come both in the weight i've lost and a shift in how I view food. My clothes are looser I have a load more energy and I am focused on what I need to do.

But losing 2lbs last night left me feeling dissastified I had been swimming every day and I was so hopeful that this would equate to a good solid 4lbs off. I didn't quite hit it but I still lost. This has left me feeling a bit deflated and this makes me cross because I know that dropping 4lbs every week is not realistic or particularly healthy.

So no more sulking I need to focus on the times ahead and I will do it, I refuse to let my weight beat me and I will get the upper hand over it.

So this week has been the worst ever. I have had huge demands on my time from Mum and Ian and at times this has left me feeling absolutely wiped out both physically and emotionally and on Monday I exploded. I wish I hadn't but I am pleased because for once Mum heard first hand how I have been feeling. The positive side of this is that things are now much better with the responsibility being shared out fairly and not just being dumped on my shoulders.

Ok so gloom over no more whinging Liz good times ahead. It's my Birthday on Sunday and I will be 44 "Gasp" and on Saturday night my wonderful hubby is taking me to see Bel Ami the new Robert Pattinson film. It is not by any stretch his taste in films but because he loves me he'll do it.

So fun weekend ahead hope you all have a great one. X X

Laters..........

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how brilliantly you're doing. Honestly. And I do know how soul-destroying that feeling of "God, I've really tried, why isn't it working?" is. But you can't underestimate how brilliantly you've done so far. Nearly 2 1/2 stone in 8 weeks?! That's ridiculous!! It's amazing!! If you owned my llamas they'd have danced their little hooves off by now!! I can't even imagine how great it must feel to lose that much!!

    Definitely time for a good celebration, though, and I know Robert Pattinson is a really good way to celebrate anything. Have a great weekend, and don't forget how amazing and genuinely inspirational you are to everyone who knows you. Much love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete